- Download the plugin file
- Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
Standard WP/WPMS (for blog by blog access)
- Upload the membership folder and all it contents to /wp-content/plugins folder on your site
- The path to the main plugin file is wp-content/plugins/membership/membership.php
To activate it on a blog by blog basis
- Log into the blog dashboard that you want to set up membership on.
- Go to Plugins > Installed
- Click on Activate under Membership lite system
Enabling your membership plugin By default, the membership plugin is disabled when first installed and when you go your Membership Dashboard you will see it says Disabled.
You need to leave this as disabled until you have at least:
- Set up your categories
- Created and activated a basic level to use for strangers
- Assigned the stranger level in Membership > Edit Options panel